NEW SAFETY MEASURES
- Treatment rooms and equipment will be cleaned before and after every patient according to CDC guidelines.
- We have designated a roving sanitation specialist to continually clean all high-touch areas in the facility.
- We are conducting paperless pre-visit screenings for all patients with upcoming appointments.
- Our staff are up-to-speed on COVID-19 symptoms and utilize recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Our waiting room is closed to help ensure patients maintain a safe social distance. Please arrive 10-minutes early to allow for curbside check-in. You may call or text our main line to inform the front desk of your arrival. We ask that you wait in your parked car or away from other patients outdoors.
- We will meet you outside where your temperature will be taken prior to being brought into the building. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptom your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Only patients, or patients plus one critical caregiver, are allowed into an appointment.
- All flyers, brochures, displays, toys, magazines, etc. have been removed.
- Our office is closed to all people except patients and healthcare workers (no sales or delivery people will enter the facility).
- We ask that you wear a face-covering wherever possible.
- We have implemented digital tools for check-in as well as contactless payment methods to reduce germ spread via clipboards, pens, and money.
- We’ve added time between appointments to allow for sanitizing and to keep patients apart from one another to avoid high volume or density.
- Any patients or staff who were diagnosed with COVID-19 must have an all-clear notification from their physician before entering our facility.
- We ask that all patients use the hand sanitizer provided at the front door upon entering. It will also be available in other areas of the office.